Tuesday, February 23, 2010

To: My WIPs

Dear WIPs,

I'm sorry that I have neglected you so much. Especially you, my sweet and precious Ulmus. It's been 3 weeks since I started you and you've only got 175 of the 335 stitches that your body needs. I apologize profusely for not only finishing a pair of socks, but also casting on and finishing another pair, casting on and getting 1/3 of the way through another, and knitting a toy in the last three weeks. I know that I probably seem so cold, just letting you lay there in front of my while I knit the others. I didn't even think about how that would make you feel, and I feel terrible for that. But I've worked on you today, haven't I? We've come several rows! I need you, my love. I need you and you know you need me. I complete you.

Or rather, I will. Eventually. I promise. I'm not one of those girls who just drops things when it seems rough. I'm going to love you and love you to completion.

Yours always,
Lydia

No comments:

Post a Comment