Saturday, November 28, 2009

New and improved pictures







Ahhh, much better!

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Tempest No More

I am finally finished! I think eventually I'm going to replace the buttons since these ones are a bit small and lightweight for my taste. But over all, I'm pleased with the results. Please forgive my crappy picture.


Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Milkweed Complete




Love. Total, complete, and utter love.

Saturday, November 14, 2009

The End of My Rope (Yarn)

With just 8 more rows of a sleeve plus the button bands and seaming left on my Tempest, I ran out of black! Luckily, my awesome friend Erica of Bigmouth Yarns has generously offered to send me her partial skein of it.

Until then, I've got other projects to work on. My husband's Christmas present, for one. On Wednesday night, I started on a Milkweed Shawl. This was my progress as of yesterday evening:



Ignore the orange lifeline. The yarn I'm using is Malabrigo Sock in the colorway Indiecita. This yarn makes me so happy. The colors remind me of summertime by a lake. Which is a great mental image when we're coming up on Winter!

Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Paying it Forward

Just wanted to let you all know about the awesome giveaway over at Knittin Brit in WI. A skein of Wollmeise 100% in the Kurbis colorway. All you have to do is tell her why you're thankful for yarn.

For me, I'm most thankful for the ability to express my creativity, to be able to meditate with the rhythm of the needles, to create gifts for my family, and that yarn has brought me close to people I now count as good friends.

Monday, November 9, 2009

Progress

A couple days after I finished my Ishbel, I started back to work on my Tempest. So far, I've finished the back and a sleeve. I think within the next couple hours I'll be finishing up the Left Front and then it'll be time to start on the Right Front. It seems to be going faster this time for some reason.

Things I've changed:
  • Using size US9 needles.
  • Worked hem fabric at CO by working 7 rows St st plus one k row on the WS as opposed to picking up the stitches later. Will sew down at the end.
  • Reduced the sleeve stripes by 2 since I'm short and have stubby arms.
I'm thrilled with the way it's turning out this time. SO much better!