Friday, October 16, 2009

Tempest Update

As of this morning, I've finished three of the five pieces to my Tempest; the back and both front pieces. I've also finished 4.5 of the 11 stripes on the first sleeve. I'm considering possibly reknitting the back piece, though, because I'm not entirely happy with the fabric. Haven't made a decision yet, still contemplating.

A few days ago, I finished a hat for my friend Erica. I'm also working on some fingerless gloves for her. Here are some pics:



I did the same hat for myself back in September, but the colors didn't really do much for me. I might try making it in a different color eventually, but I dunno. Since I didn't really like the way it looked on me, I swapped it to my friend Liberty. I must say, she looks especially good in it! Her picture is also much better and has true-to-life coloring. I love it.



_______________________________________________

In other news, I am on a yarn diet. I'm not allowing myself to buy any yarn until after Thanksgiving at least. I'm gonna see if I can last til the end of the year. It's not like I don't have enough yarn to keep me busy for a while. I think when last I checked, I had something like 65 skeins; about 1/3 of that is sock yarn. Some projects I'd like to get done in the meantime (in addition, of course, to the projects already OTN):

An Ishbel in Dream in Color Starry, colorway In Vino Veritas
A Tiger Eye Lace Scarf in Malabrigo Yarn Sock, colorway Archangel
A pair of Hat Heel Socks in... well, I'm not sure yet. Maybe Malabrigo Sock, colorway Indiecita.

2 sweaters, a pair of socks, a pair of fingerless gloves, a scarf and a shawlette in 2 1/2 months. I think I can do it.

No comments:

Post a Comment