Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Like A Virgin

I've been feeling pretty sick the last couple days, so I haven't done much in the way of knitting. But yesterday when I got the mail, I found I had a package in the mail from a lovely person over at Karma Yarn Swap (it was kmessier27) which contained a hank of undyed sock yarn! Well, seeing as I got a huge package from another lovely lady from KYS (TheBoyceMonsters) full of koolaid a few days ago, I knew I had to put that to work! So, even through my puffy, stuffy head and weak limbs, I went ahead and dyed that badboy. My first time dyeing.



I call it this colorway "Like A Virgin", simply because I'm not very original! I used lemon-lime, black cherry, and grape. I didn't have enough of the lemon-lime to quite saturate the yarn as much as I'd hoped, so there are still some white spots. I'm thinking that maybe I can just go grab some more lemon-lime this week and re-dye the areas I missed. Or maybe I'll just be content with the way it looks now! We'll see.

So there you have it. My first dye-job!

No comments:

Post a Comment