Monday, March 9, 2009

On the Needles - 03/09/2009

This week I have two projects OTN (On The Needles).

First up is a pair of socks that I'm writing the pattern for. I'm looking for testers for when I'm finished. If you're interested, let me know. It's a pretty simple pattern. Toe-up with a short row heel. I'm doing it in green with black toe, heel, and cuff. The yarn I'm using, Over the Rainbow Twinkletoes in Leprechaun, coupled with the lace pattern of the instep makes it look like a cool moss. I really look forward to finishing it! I'm still trying to figure out a name for them.

The second is a pair of Cabled Toddler Socks for my niece, Jorja. I made her a pair about a month ago, and her mom (my sister) says she doesn't want to wear any other socks. So, I figure another pair will do quite nicely. Not to mention that it's basically Instant Gratification (IG).

IG is necessary because I've been killing my brain with figuring out all the specifics of the previously mentioned pattern, trying to make sure that I write everything out right. Needed a little break. I can whip out these little socks in a couple hours. Ahhh... almost as relaxing as a cup of hot cocoa.

2 comments:

  1. Leprechaun yarn sounds very green!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Extremely. I knit these socks for my husband with the same yarn: http://i56.photobucket.com/albums/g186/LadyFirelyght/Knitting/jaywalkers.jpg

    ReplyDelete